Centralized Services
& Information

The EMSB offers services for our community-at-large such as transcripts of marks, rentals, contracts for home schooling and access to information and ombudsman services.


Archives & Transcripts

Former Protestant School Board of Greater Montreal (PSBGM) or EMSB students in need of report cards, transcripts or marks can apply through archives in the administration building. 

EMSB Archives and Transcripts 

Home Schooling

To apply for a home schooling contract, parents must complete an application form at the school board. Each case must be evaluated and interviewed individually.

EMSB Home Schooling

School Facilities & Rentals

Our schools are equipped with facilities such as cafeterias and catering services, computer and digital technology labs, gymnasiums and athletic equipment, libraries, caretaking and maintenance services. Some spaces in our schools are available for rental on a one-time or ongoing basis.

More About our Facilities Rental Information

Requests for access to information by the public

If you're interested in knowing more about the English Montreal School Board, there are several ways to find out. All access to information requests should be directed to the Secretary General. All media inquiries can be directed to communications through the press page.  The rules governing the operations of the school board can be found in policies and by-laws.

Policies and By-Laws

Student Ombudsman

The student ombudsman is responsible to provide the Council of Commissioners with an opinion on the merits of a complaint and recommends any appropriate corrective measures.

More Information

School Taxes

The EMSB does not handle the processing of school taxes for properties located on the island of Montreal. Taxes are collected by the  Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire and distributed to each School Board.

Visit the CGTSIM website